Please be sure to review the Commercial Design Review Guidelines for signage.
Ready to get started? First, make sure you are registered and activated at our Online Permit Center. For instructions, please visit our Planning & Building Video Tutorials webpage.
STEP ONE: Design Review
- Submit a Zoning Worksheet through our Online Permit Center
- In the Worksheet, upload your completed Basic Application for Development Review and all associated plans and documents
- A planner will review your submission
- Please note that public notice of your project will be required
- Once approved, you will receive a decision letter from the Bureau of Planning
STEP TWO: Building Permit (All Signs EXCEPT Re-facings)
Once we receive your application, staff will review your documents for completeness. If further information is needed, a planner will contact you at the email address provided. For the latest processing estimates, please see our Average Permit Processing Turnaround Times webpage.
Call (510) 238-3911 or find quick answers through our Permit Questions Portal.