The Alameda County – Oakland Community Action Partnership (AC-OCAP) is pleased to inform the community that the City of Oakland’s Tax Assistance VITA site at Downtown Oakland Senior Center is once again providing no cost tax preparation assistance. That’s right, if your household earned income was $57,500 or less in 2021, you can take advantage of this free benefit and get your taxes prepared by Certified IRS volunteers. Save your money in tax preparation fees and schedule your appointment today to see if you qualify for the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). To file online, visit: getyourrefund.org/oakland. For a drop-off appointment, please call the EITC Hotline at (510) 238-4911 or book your appointment here: City of Oakland Tax Prep Appointment.
DROP-OFF TAXES: Limited contact tax services available by appointment only at the Downtown Oakland Senior Center, located at 200 Grand Avenue.
BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Photo ID and Social Security Card or ITIN for each person on your tax return
- W-2 for all jobs
- All 1099s, 1098s and other tax forms
- Last year’s tax return
- Savings and checking account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- You MUST provide proof of vaccination in order to enter the tax site.
- You MUST wear a face mask.
- Safe distancing will be observed in and around the building.
- Surfaces will be cleaned between tax clients