Report a Property Complaint

The City of Oakland aims to keep our neighborhoods and community clean, safe and free of blight. You can report blight, housing or zoning violations online or with the OAK311 app.

Already submitted a complaint?

Before you Start

Please review the Types of Violations below as reporting options vary by violation type.

What to Do

You may report a violation through our easy-to-use Oak311 platform by following the instructions below.

Types of Violations

How to Report a Complaint

  1. Step One: Go to Oak311

    You can report a code violation using Oak311 in two ways:

    1) Report using our Oak311 mobile application

    • Install the application to your mobile phone

    Click on the button below that corresponds to your mobile phone's operating system to be taken to an external website where you can download the application.

    Install App (Android) Install App (iOS)

    2) Report a problem through our Oak311 Web Portal.

    Click button below to be taken to an external link where you can report a property complaint.

    Visit Web Portal
  2. Step Two: Enter Location
    • Enter site address or drag the map until the pin is laying on top of the location you are reporting
    • Confirm location
  3. Step Three: Review Existing Reports
    • If the issue you are reporting has already been reported, click the "Follow" button to receive updates on the status of the issue
    • If the issue you are reporting has not been reported, click the "Next Step" button
  4. Step Four: Describe Violation
    • Upload any images of the violation or click the "No Photos" button
    • Describe the violation in detail then click the "Confirm Details" button
  5. Step Five: Submit Report
    • Choose how you would like to submit your request
    • Register or sign in to your existing SeeClickFix account to submit report of violation

Need to Know

NOTE: You may also file a complaint directly through our Online Permit Portal.


Call (510) 238-3381 or find quick answers through our Permit & Services Questions Portal.


Was this page helpful?

Report a problem with this page