Mediate Landlord/Tenant Issues

The RAP provides two ways to mediate disputes between landlords and tenants. Through the petition process, a party can request a mediation. Additionally, RAP offers mediation services without filing a petition to tenants and property owners who need assistance in resolving tenancy related matters. To decide which mediation process is best for your dispute, you may contact a housing counselor at RAP at (510) 238-3721 or via email at Below is the brochure for our non-petition mediation program and a request for mediation form. If you want to request mediation in a petition setting, request the mediation on the last page of the petition or response form you are filling out.

View Brochure
RAP Mediation Program Brochure
Download Form
RAP Mediation Program Request Form

How to Submit Request for Mediation

Your request for mediation form can be submitted via email to or via mail to the Rent Adjustment Program at the address listed below:

250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 5313, Oakland, CA 94612

Contact Us

*Due to the Shelter-in-Place Order issued on March 16, 2020, all in-person counseling and form drop-offs have been canceled. To read more information and to find the best way to contact the Rent Adjustment Program, click here.