Super! We are glad you're interested in becoming a certified instructor for the Communities of Oakland Respond to Emergencies Program. Please fill out the Instructor Interest Form linked here. [VEOCI weblink: https://veoci.com/veoci/p/form/935tzq9rzx4j]
We will contact you when there is an opportunity.
Not sure if you should become an instructor? If your answer is 'YES' to any of the following questions, becoming a CORE progam instructor might just be for you!
- Are you are active in your neighborhood or ccommunity-based organizations?
- Is supporting the safety and security of yourself, your family and the Oakland community in general your #1 reason for volunteering to be a CERT Instructor?
- Do you have experience in one or more emergency/disaster preparedness or response areas?
- Do you speak any additional languages or have any special skills that you would like to put to use for the common good?
- Have you identified a gap in our services?
Still not sure? fill out the Instructor Interest Form anyway and email your questions/concerns to: CORE@Oaklandca.gov.