Description of the Program Personal Safety presentation for the senior citizen community of Oakland, providing an interactive presentation with tips on how to stay safe in their homes and in public. Program Goals To empower senior citizens with safety tips and information about the City of Oakland and the Oakland Police Department, giving a better understanding of how the Neighborhood Services Division can be a resource for all residents of Oakland. Benefits of the Program: The presentation includes an interactive conversation and review of safety tips to protect and empower seniors. A short review on earthquake safety and emergency 9-1-1 calls is included in the presentation. Reading materials in four languages (English, Spanish, Vietnamese and Cantonese) are provided. The presenter is a resource for information about the police department and other city departments that may be helpful in their daily lives as residents of Oakland. Please call or email to schedule a presentation for your senior group regarding this free service the Oakland Police Department provides. Together we can help the seniors of Oakland stay safe!
For more information, contact Brenda Ivey at (510) 238-3091 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Youth Safety Program
Description of the Program
- Youth safety presentation is given by OPD uniformed personnel
- 20 minute review of safety tips at a level children can understand
- Empower school-aged children in Oakland
- Fingerprint all children (2yrs – 13yrs old)
- Develop positive role models for children
Benefits to the Program
- Children learn safety tips in a fun atmosphere while earning stickers and temporary tattoos
- These tips could save their lives in the future
- Positive role model from the Police Department
- Bilingual (Spanish) presenter
- It’s FREE for Oakland schools!!
Where? School and preschool classrooms Neighborhoods, churches and other community events – carnivals, festivals, etc… The Youth Safety Program can also host a small group tour of the Police Department for older children where children can meet Officers, Detectives, Cadets, Crime Lab Technicians and more. For more information, contact Brenda Ivey at (510) 238-3091 or email@example.com.