OakDOT has received funding from the Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) Cycle 9 to make safety improvements along various intersections and mid-block locations on Macarthur Blvd between 69th and 96th Ave. Project work includes installation of bulb-outs; pedestrian median refuge islands; crosswalk enhancements; rectangular rapid flashing beacons (RRFBs); speed cushions; signage; and refreshed roadway striping. See this map for a summary of improvement locations.
OakDOT staff will be notifying residents of this project in Spring 2022. These improvements are consistent with recommendations from OakDOT's 2017 "Oakland Walks!" pedestrian plan, and were presented to the City's Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee, Infrastructure Subcommittee on Oct. 1, 2020.
- MacArthur Boulevard
- 69th Avenue - bulb-out on SE corner
- 74th Avenue - bulb-out on SE corner, median refuge island
- 75th Avenue - bulb-out on SE corner, median refuge island
- 76th Avenue - bulb-out on NW corner, median refuge island
- 78th Avenue - bulb-out on NW corner, median refuge island
- Parker Avenue - RRFB and bulb-outs at each corner
- Between Ritchie Street and 82nd Avenue - bulb-outs leading to midblock crosswalk, median refuge island
- 84th Avenue - RRFB, median refuge island, refresh crosswalk striping
- Between Alvingroom Court and 88th Avenue - RRFBs, median refuge islands
- 94th Avenue - RRFB
- 96th Avenue - bulb-outs at NW and NE ends of intersection