In March 2022 the Oakland City Council adopted a permanent Flex Streets Program, which includes a free permitting program for both mobile food and mobile retail vendors through July 2023.

Informational Materials

Before applying for a Mobile Vending Permit please be sure to review the informational materials.

For food vending information click here for English, Spanish, or Chinese.

For merchandise vending information click here for English, Spanish, or Chinese.

For insurance information click here for English

Apply for a Permit

Mobile Vending Applications are now available! To vend food or merchandise from the public right of way, private property, or city-owned property you must obtain a Special Activity Mobile Vending Permit.

Mobile Vending Application

Additional Resources

Map of Allowable Vending Areas

2022 Resource Guide for Mobile Vendors

Guía de Recursos 2022 Para Proveedores Móviles

Need Information on obtaining an Alameda County Health Permit? Click here for more information

Need information on obtaining a City of Oakland Business Tax Certificate? Click here for more information.

Need to schedule a fire inspection with the Fire Prevention Bureau? Please complete the In-Take Form and email to:

Interested in vending on City-Owned Property? Click here for more information.

For vending opportunities click here.


Economic & Workforce Development
Special Activity Permits

Was this page helpful?

Report a problem with this page