Request a Parking Meter Refund

Download Refund Form
Parking Meter Refund Request Form
Oak311 Website
Oak311 Call Center Dial 311 inside of Oakland or the number above anywhere

Parking Meter Coin Refund Request Process

  • All parking meter coin refunds are only done in person and must be requested within 30 days of the incident.

  • Problem with an Oakland Parking meter must be reported to OAK 311- Oakland Call Center either online at or by Phone at (510) 615-5566 prior to requesting a parking meter refund. A “Request Number” will be created by the Call Center staff and will be provided to the caller.

  • Requesters must download and complete the Parking Meter Coin Refund Request Form from the link above and bring it to Shahla Azimi at 150 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 5342 along with a valid photo ID and the Public Works service request number.

  • Staff will verify the "request number" through OAK 311 - Oakland Call Center or by phone to ensure the incident had been reported to the Call Center before processing a refund.

  • After the refund request form has been approved by staff, a copy of the approved form will be provided to the requester. The requester will take the form to the cashier to obtain the refund.

Parking Meter Credit Card Refund Request Process

For Credit Card refund, requesters need to contact their Credit Card company and dispute the transaction. The bank will provide the City with a charge back notice. The charge back request from the bank must be reviewed by the City and would be either approved or denied based on the validity of the request.

Download the Oak311 App

Get a copy of your Credit Card Parking Meter Receipt