The City must find locations for housing that will allow for at least
26,000 units over 8 years (2023-2031). Tell us where you think the City
should plan for housing using this interactive map!
This initial map will be open for your feedback until March 7.
There will be many other opportunities to comment on housing locations when the public review draft is published (See key dates).
For a more detailed explanation of the Oakland 2045 General Plan Schedule, including the Draft Housing Element, go here.
Engagement on the Housing Element will happen throughout in the form of pop-up events, youth engagement, community hub events and equity working group meetings. For event information, please check the community events page.
- Planning Commission Study Session - Feb 2, 2022
- Stakeholder Meeting #1: Housing Sites - Feb 2, 2022
- Workshop 1 - Feb 10, 2022
- Workshop 2 - Feb 17, 2022
- CED Study Session - Feb 22, 2022
- Workshop 3 - March 12, 2022
- Provide initial input on Housing Sites - Feb 10, 2022 - March 7, 2022
- Workshop 4 - May 12, 2022
- Public Review Draft of Housing Element - HCD Draft - May 2022
- HCD Review - June 2022 - September 2022
- Public Review Draft Housing Element - October 2022
- Draft EIR Released - October 2022
- Planning Commission and City Council - November 2022 - Early 2023 (Dates TBD)