Information to Register on the CalJOBS Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL)
The information below is provided to assist your organization in becoming a statewide CalJOBS Eligible Training Provider within the City of Oakland.
The City of Oakland Workforce Development Board (OWDB) is accepting applications to expand the California Statewide Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL) of training providers. Organizations that wish to partner with the OWDB must be located in the City of Oakland.
- The training programs must be in demand occupations as defined by the State of California.
- Training programs must achieve a minimum 70% entered employment rate or higher in the training occupational area within two years of nomination and maintain that rate every year thereafter.
- Qualified Training Providers will be included on the statewide list and become eligible to receive referrals of individuals eligible for subsidized training under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
- It is required that Training Providers be accredited by a State of California accrediting organization before any application will be considered for nomination.
- If your school is not a public education entity or a facility providing a Department of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS) registered apprenticeship training program (www.dir.ca.gov/das/), then you must also be registered with the California Department of Consumer Affairs’ Bureau of Private Post-Secondary Education (www.bppe.ca.gov).
- Training Providers interested in having their Programs nominated to the statewide approved list must:
- Create a CalJOBS USER/Provider Account. (www.caljobs.ca.gov).
- Request a USER login in CalJOBS (www.caljobs.ca.gov), if you are not a registered USER in CalJOBS;
- Enter the required School Information into CalJOBS (if the school does not exist in CalJOBS);
- Enter the required Training Program Information into CalJOBS;
- Submit to the OWDB an email with the following information:
- Current Accreditation Letter from a State of California recognized accreditation institution,
- Current BPPE Approval Letter (if applicable),
- Current Liability Insurance,
- Link or PDF of current Course Catalogue (including a detailed description of each approved training program along with pricing/fees)
Send the documentation package via email to email@example.com,subject: CA ETPL Registration. OWDB staff will determine the eligibility of each program(s) in accordance with the State of California Directive(s) and local procedures. Inclusion on the statewide and local ETPL does not guarantee your school or training program will receive referrals from the OWDB.
If you have additional questions, contact Enjema Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 238-6457.
Resources for OWDB Service Providers
The following resources are provided for the service providers that contract with the Workforce Development Board.
Employer Strategies Packet 7_1